Monday, March 2, 2015

SOL - Day 2 - It's All About the Benjamins

Fear.
I wish I could say that it doesn't affect me... that I don't let it into my life on a daily basis. But I do.
Not only does it creep in but it has a hold on me and often keeps me from getting what I want.

Especially when it comes to money!
Our income tax came in and my husband and I had already agreed we would buy a new refrigerator. One that doesn't make a loud blaring sound every 30 minutes or so. So, we have been looking, and looking and looking. 

So many questions...

What color do you want?
Two door?
Freezer on bottom or on top?
Water dispenser?
Size?
Door inside a door?

Ahhh! I don't know! How much is that? How much is it without that? What is guiding all my questions is FEAR! I'm scared to spend that much money!

Thank goodness for my husband, who is logical and level headed (most of the time). We finally found...the one! I felt a literal weight off my shoulders that the decision had been made and I could move on the enjoyment of it.

Now if I could just convince myself to buy the new laptop I have been saving for since last November. The money is just sitting in my bank account...but fear is stopping me...what if we need the money for some unimaginable thing???

But, this challenge is actually helping move past that fear, as I sit here at my husband's computer while he is watching me waiting to get on. Wouldn't it have been great if I had taken the plunge and bought myself the computer I have been working for? There is a lesson to be learned here.



 photo F67604A8-3BCF-448C-9069-706526B18113_zpskqf6ks6v.jpg

1 comment:

  1. That's a nice refrigerator! Seems to me that the Slice of Life Challenge is a grand time to get a new zippy laptop for all those blog posts you need to write!

    ReplyDelete